Friday, April 24, 2009

Money Saving and Stockpiling Challenge Days 8 and 9



I didn't get a chance to post yesterday about Wednesday's savings, so I figured I would lump the two together.

Wednesday:

--Went hounding after work! YEE HAW! I saved about $51 bucks for a total savings of the order of 44%. Not what I wanted, but I had to get meat and lunch meat for DH. The meat goes on sale, but it's not reflected on the receipt. Darn them! Got some free stuff and will be going again tonight to roll my CATs!

--Bought a chicken at Shop Rite (cooked) and had for dinner, so I did not use the stove. It was also $1 off on sale.

--Kept the lights off as much as possible.

--Been hopping right in the shower instead of letting the room warm up, saving warm water.

--Did 2 loads of laundry in cold water and hung to dry. DH is still getting used to this.

Thursday:

--Went hounding on lunch! Went to the card store for a card for a woman here who is a new grandma today! Didn't use my own money, but got the card for $1.04

--Went to A & P as well. Got 12 Gatorades, 64oz of Ocean Spray Cran/Pomegranete, and a thing of Silk SoyMilk Light on sale and with Q. Total OOP was $13.06.

--Came home and opened all windows and blinds, no lights until DH came home (dusk).

--Did 2 more loads of laundry in cold water and hung to dry.

--Made 'Famous Pork Chops', baked potatoes and brownies, all at the same time to save on energy/gas. Brownies came out great and DH raved about my pork chops! YIPPEE! The baked potatoes cooked for over an hour, a little hard, but not too bad.

--Watched TV while DH bowled, got to veg out and get organized.


How did YOU save money today?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotta love a yummy dinner!! You did great saving money. I hope I do well at the grocery store tonight.

Just call me Yankee said...

Doesn't it feel good to get compliments on the dinner you cooked?

spaghetti0625 said...

Tiffany: good luck tonight!

spaghetti0625 said...

central: Oh, it feels so great to see him take a bite and his face light up. I wanted to surprise him and tell him after I used crackers as bread crumbs, but silly me left the cracker box out! D'OH!

Chicagolandia said...

Great savings, and getting a compliment on dinner - priceless! I love making a meal I know DH will appreciate.

American Dreamer said...

Do you have a link for the porkchop recipe? It sounds wonderful!

spaghetti0625 said...

Precious: I just updated the blog and put a linky where the name is :)
ENJOY!