Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Name

Today's Reverb Prompt is: New Name - Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why?

Wow, what a random question! This is really easy for me. I always wanted the name Beverly. I don't know why, but I like it. I guess as kids nobody really likes their name, at least I didn't. My name is Beth. Just Beth. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if it's short for Elizabeth. Nope, just Beth (My grandmother was named Elizabeth - you can do so much with that. Elizabeth, Beth, Liz, Lizzy, Betty. My grandmother went by Betty). There's just not much to do with Beth. And my middle name is Ann. I do NOT like to be called Beth Ann, other my family calls me that. I always say people don't go around calling them by their first and middle names, so stop calling me Beth Ann. My husband will do it on occassion to tick me off...and I return the favor...I call him Micheal George. LOL.

When I was in oh about 2nd or 3rd or 4th grade (maybe even after that, i don't really remember), I had an awesome teacher, Mr. Faust. He was really cool and I remember him vividly...his clothes (cowboyish), his very deep voice, his beard, etc. We had to do an exercise were we could be anyone we wanted, and we had to pretend we are now that person and sending him a letter, and pictures of what we were doing as famous people. I chose Jennie Garth from 90210 and I went by the name of Beverly Taylor (her last name in the show). I've always like that name, Beverly Taylor. Simple and to the point. So if I could choose my own name, I'd be Beverly Taylor.

No comments: