Friday, December 24, 2010

Everything's Okay

Today's Reverb Prompt is: What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?

I think that the Everything's Ok this past year was the day we got approved for life insurance. In the past, I dragged my feet on getting it. After we got married, we got a quote from a guy (who now turns out to be one of our good friends) for the return of premium so if none of us dies, we get what we put into it. Didn't seem bad, but it was costly. Besides, we both had jobs so if one of us died, the other would be okay. But lately, I'd been thinking 'we need life insurance' So we did it...we got the quotes, picked the company we wanted and dropped a check for the first payment. I kept calling the home office to see if we were approved or not (after the blood test, etc). Then it went to underwriting, and i recently found out we were approved AND we got a better rate after all our tests were done! YIPPEE! Now, if anything happens to DH or myself, the other will be okay and not have to worry about how to pay the mortgage.

No comments: