Monday, June 13, 2011

Taking a Break from Poker

Yes, you all read that correctly. As of June 9th at about 4pm when I busted out of yet another tournament without cashing, I made the decision to not play poker for awhile. I'm taking a much needed break from the game. I have had only one, yes ONE winning session so far in 2011...the rest have been losing sessions. Now, don't jump to conclusions and think that I've been losing a ton of money, because I haven't. For the most part, if I lost, I made it back playing slots or Let It Ride or even Blackjack. And at times, when I lost DH won, so we broke even or came home winners (together). But I'm talking about ME...I've only one one time this year and that's a sign that perhaps this is not my poker year, or that the beginning half of the year wasn't for me.

SO, I'm not giving up on AC. I will still play slots, LIR, BJ, etc. while DH plays poker or he may even join me. I will miss the game and of course all the wonderful people I have met, but I'll still show my face around the poker room to say hello to all my friends in there, but I won't be playing for awhile.

Is this going to be hard? Hell yes it will be. Especially with Borgata tempting me with wonderful tournaments and blogs, etc. My plan is to sit back, maybe get coached or take a WPT Boot Camp or something and see where it leads me. I would like to play the ladies event in the fall open at Borgata, but we'll see. They only got about 90 players in yesterday's event, so we'll see how I feel.

Besides, you get the most out of the comps at the slot machines....and I found a new gambling love...the American Idol slot machine :)

No comments: