Thursday, June 14, 2012

My New Coupon Clipper!

When I first started couponing, I used to cut by hand, and one at a time!  I would go one by one with each and every insert and cut. Then I figured it's easier to sort them and clip once, 10 at a time.  Then, I wanted something easier.  I wanted a papercutter and eliminate the scissors.  My friend had brought me over a paper cutter and it worked pretty well.  It was plastic and cheap looking, but it got the job done.  Then last week, I hurt my wrist on vacation.  It hadn't healed so last night (Tuesday) I went to the dr.  He told me I have tendonitis and to rest it and wear a brace.  Fun times.  Oh, did I mention it's my right hand, the hand I do EVERYTHING with?  So resting it isn't too easy.  So I get home from the doctor and I'm like 'Okay time to cut this week's and last week's coupons'  As I start, something is wrong with the paper cutter I have. Well that figures.  I wasn't going to use pressure on my right hand (you slide the thing up and down) and wanted to use my left hand, but the blade wasn't hitting the paper. I tried to fix it, but with one good hand that I'm not good as using, it was useless.  I was so frustrated I tried the scissors, but it hurt like anything so that wasn't going to work.  I'd have to have DH help me.

So I called him and asked if he could help out with the coupons more then he normally does.  I normally take the first insert and set out which ones I want to clip and put the rest to the side.  I do that with the first one, then DH sorts the rest.  Now, I'd have to sort and tell him which ones to clip with the coupons.  When I went to pick up my pills from the pharmacy, I went to WAGS and Rite Aid, hoping they would have some kind of paper cutter. Nothing.  So I call DH and ask him if there is a Staples or Office Depot by his building that he can stop on the way home. There was one if he went another way home and I asked him to stop there.  I didn't want to have to rely on him to do the coupons.  I guess b/c it's my thing and I'm very territorial, I want it done MY way.  And I hated that since I'm unable to use my right hand, I felt crippled.  I hate that feeling.  So he bought me this, and it's better then my old one b/c it has the handle that just goes down, easy on my wrist and easily cut through the 10 pages that I had.  Win win! 

Oh, and DH still helped me with the coupons, he's such a swell guy!

No comments: