Saturday, December 18, 2010

Try

Today's Reverb: What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it?

Oh this is an easy one. My 'try' for 2011 is flying in a plane! I used to fly all the time when I was younger, but I haven't flown since I was about 12 or 13 (18 years ago). Since then, we didn't really go on family vacations, so there was no need to fly anywhere. Then, when in college, I couldn't afford any far away vacations so I didn't have to fly. Then when I met my husband, our go to spot for a vacation is Atlantic City, which is an hour away, free or cheap rooms, free food, etc. So they are inexpensive vacations (right up my alley). I chickened out on the plane for our honeymoon. Yup, got on, then my DH took me off before takeoff. I don't know where the fear came from, whether is it's heights, claustrophobia, terrorits, getting sick, or a combo of them all. So since then, we haven't planned on going anywhere.

For DH's vaca in Sept, we had wanted to go away on a vaca, at the last minute. We coldn't decide where to go, then as time grew closer, my nerves got the better of me and we put it on hold. But now, 2011 seems like the year of vacations. We would like to go to Altantis as our 'honeymoon' (3 years later), Vegas with his family, Disney (I won 4 1 day parkhopper passes) and my parents want the whole family to go to Aruba as they celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary and renew their vows. That's 4 vacations we would like to take, all involving an airplane. I have xanax (had it for our honeymoon, but refused to take it) but I'd like to be able to 'mind over matter it' and do it without the aid of drugs.

so we will see if 2011 is the year of planes for me

No comments: